Plantation Shutters – Care and Maintenance
- Plantation shutters can add value to your home by making it more beautiful, graceful and elegant.
- Follow these easy directions to maintain them in peak condition.
- Rotate your plantation shutters regularly.
- Use the tilt rod in the middle of the shutters to avoid damage when you tilt the blades. Don’t ever operate the tilt mechanism using the blades themselves.
- Gently vacuum your plantation shutters using a soft brush attachment. Use a feather duster, microfibre or other soft cloth to keep them dust free.
- Get dust at hard to reach spots cracks with a small soft brush.
- Be careful of water. If anywater penetrates the plantation blinds’ surface it can cause the blades tocrack or warp, or otherwise damage the finish.
- You can spot clean your plantation shutters with a soft damp cloth when necessary but do it carefully. Wipe them dry immediately after using a little lukewarm water and mild soap.
- Harsh cleaning products, abrasives and silicon-based products should never be used on your plantation shutters.
- In order to avoid premature deterioration, repair any damaged surfaces you might see.
- Make sure that catches or supports are correctly fitted to panels.
- It’s important to prevent damage to the bi-fold panels by always closing the blades before you open each panel.
- With sliding panels, some are designed to slide with the blades open but if your blinds are not like this it will be important to ensure the blades are closed before the panel is opened.
- Keep your Sliding Tracks and Bi-Fold grit-free by vacuuming them regularly. You’ll find they will operate much more easily with clean tracks.
- All finishes fade over time. There will be changes in the colouration over the years and generally it’s not possible to reverse this process, even when the shutters are well, maintained.
- Gently hose down and wipe down external shutters to remove heavy grime and dirt.
- External shutters could be exposed to weather so grime and dirt may accumulate quicker but using a soft damp cloth is what is normally needed. Use a little amount of lukewarm water and PH neutral soap. External Shutters can generally be cared for in the same way as internal shutters.
All of our advertised companies on Blinds and Shutters provide a variety of fantastic specials on most products just about every day. To get the best special deal for your window or door coverings, you need to leave us your details so that they can provide you with a FREE measure and Quote. So don't delay, contact us today as most specials have a very short advertised time online.
Almost all companies advertised here provide Blinds Awnings and Shutters for Commercial premises like offices, factories, government departments and any other large building projects or unit blocks. You will be amazed at the quality of product, price and service. All you need to do is take advantage of the FREE measure and Quote to find out the wonderful commercial deal that can be done for you. Call us or leave us an online enquiry today. You will be glad you did.
As with all products that you purchase, you must adhere to the stringent care instructions to maintain them for the long term. The same applies to Blinds Awnings and Shutters. We find that the best advice is always to listen to the company that you have purchased your particular product from. They will always have the best and safest way to clean them so that you can enjoy your new purchase as long as possible.