Apollo Fabric Awning Care Instructions
Fabric Awnings are specially intended to generate shade and are not suggested as a wind break. Do not expose Awnings to extreme weather conditions – When inclement or windy weather is expected, roll up your fabric awnings to avoid damage.
- Extend the awning fully down every now and then to even out the material, especially if the Awning is normally fixed in one position.
- Clean off bird droppings, plant material or dirt as soon as possible. Don’t allow debris to remain in contact with the fabric.
- Avoid the use of strong chemicals, detergents, cleaning fluids or insecticides.
- Rinsing your awnings with cold water on a hot day will reduce the spread of fungi, mildew or algae through removal of dirt and grime. Don’t roll the awnings up wet as this can lead to moulding of the fabric.
- If bad weather means you have to roll the awning up wet, make sure to roll them out again as soon as possible to prevent a build up of mould.
- Guarantees are subject to awnings being correctly maintained.
- In order to clean Clear PVC, use a warm water and mild soap in a diluted solution. For awnings other than clear PVC, clean with a non-abrasive household cleaner. Rinse with clean water and dry with a soft sponge or cloth.
Wrinkles and irregularities in the appearance of fabric awnings are unavoidable due to joins in the fabric, hems and splines.Whilst we endeavour to eliminate visible irregularities, these are typical of rolled fabricsand will not affect either the performance or the life of the product.
Make sure that hold-down straps are released before you roll up awnings. Failure to do this may damage the rope, motor or gear mechanisms, (if fitted).
Pivot arm Awnings
Use Rope, Gear or Motor to control awning. Roll awning down to the level you desire. If awning is operated by rope or tape (without winder box) wrap rope or tape around cleat to lock into position.
Always grip the centre of the bottom rail to raise or lower awning. Use the boat hook if required. If your awnings are fitted with auto lock arms, pull the bottom rail down to preferred level and release and the arms will lock the awning in that position. To fully extend the awnings pull down to the bottom and lock with snap hooks. Release snap hooks before guiding awning back up by hand.
When working motorised awnings always check that there are no obstructions in the way of awning. Always press stop before shifting direction.
All of our advertised companies on Blinds and Shutters provide a variety of fantastic specials on most products just about every day. To get the best special deal for your window or door coverings, you need to leave us your details so that they can provide you with a FREE measure and Quote. So don't delay, contact us today as most specials have a very short advertised time online.
Almost all companies advertised here provide Blinds Awnings and Shutters for Commercial premises like offices, factories, government departments and any other large building projects or unit blocks. You will be amazed at the quality of product, price and service. All you need to do is take advantage of the FREE measure and Quote to find out the wonderful commercial deal that can be done for you. Call us or leave us an online enquiry today. You will be glad you did.
As with all products that you purchase, you must adhere to the stringent care instructions to maintain them for the long term. The same applies to Blinds Awnings and Shutters. We find that the best advice is always to listen to the company that you have purchased your particular product from. They will always have the best and safest way to clean them so that you can enjoy your new purchase as long as possible.